Chicken and Green Peppercorn Loaf
An excellent meal served sliced cold with salad or even with biscuits and cheese.
350 grams of chicken mince
1/3 of a cup of shelled pistachio nuts
250 grams of pork mince
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
3 rashers of bacon finely chopped
1/2 of a cup of fresh bread crumbs
2 tablespoons tinned green peppercorns
2 teaspoons of brandy (Optional)
4 shallots finely sliced
1 clove of garlic crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Simmering time on the stove top: 20 minutes
Thermal cooking time: 2 hours minimum
1. Place baking paper onto the bottom of a loaf tin or other suitable container that will fit your inner saucepans and ensure that the container is wider rather than deeper.
2. Pour the brandy over the breadcrumbs
3. Whisk the egg and add this to the breadcrumbs
4. Combine all the ingredients together into a large bowl, mixing well with a wooden spoon or your clean hands.
5. Place the mixture into your tin and pat down firmly
6. Cover the tin with Alfoil or a suitable lid.
7. Place the tin inside the Inner saucepan using a suitable sized trivet if necessary
8. Carefully pour hot water into the inner saucepan so that the level comes to 2/3 the height of the tin
9. Bring to the boil slowly and simmer gently for 20 minutes
10. Transfer the inner saucepan into the vacuum insulated outer container and close the lid
11. Leave for at least 2 hours minimum
12. This meal can be served hold or cold.