Lemon Lime Yoghurt Cake
2 small eggs
3/4 cup of castor sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup Greek Yoghurt
zest and juice of a lemon
zest and juice of a Lime
1 1/4cups of self raising flour
1 tablespoon of rice flour
1. Grease and line stainless steel loaf or pudding tin with baking paper.
2. Beat together egg, sugar and oil
3. Add in the yoghurt and mix until well combined, then mix through the juices and zest.
4. Stir through flours and mix until smooth
5. Placed into the greased tin, lay another sheet of baking paper on the top of the cake and close the lid.
6. Place a trivet into the 4.5 litre saucepan(or a fold of towelling or chux cloth onto the bottom of the 3 litre saucepan) and rest the cake tin on this.
7. Pour enough water into the inner saucepan to come 2/3rds the way up the sides of the cake tin.
8. Bring this to the boil with the lid on and then simmer for about 40 minutes.
9. Keep an eye on the water levels and top up as required.
10. Place the saucepan with the cake tin and the water etc. into the outer container for a minimum of three hours. (if you are using the RPC 6000 W with the 2 X 3 litre saucepans remember to have the second saucepan 2/3rds full of boiling water to retain the heat, unless you are cooking another meal at the same time)
Simmering Time:- 40 minutes
Thermal Cooking Time:- 3 hours minimum.