Pumpkin, Spinach and Pine Nut Risotto is a tasty and visually appealing Risotto
3 cups of hot chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 cup of risotto (arborio) rice
1/4 of a cup of dry white wine (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of butter
1/4 to a 1/2 a cup of grated parmesam cheese
2 cups of Jap pumpkin, finely chopped
1 cup of baby spinach leaves
1/2 a cup of toasted pine nuts.
Simmering time on the stove top: 1 minute
Thermal cooking time: 1 hour minimum
1. Heat the oil over a low heat and add the onions, garlic and celery, frying slowly for a few minutes.
2. When softened add the rice and toss through for a minute.
3. Add the wine and stir through for a minute allowing some evaporation.
4. Add the stock and pumpkin and bring the mixture to the boil.
5. Simmer for 1 minute with the lid on.
6. Turn off the heat and transfer the inner saucepan into the vacuum insulated outer container and close the lid.
7. Leave for a minimum of 1 hour.
8. Stir in the butter, baby spinach leaves and parmesan cheese.
9. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
10. Sprinkle each helping with the toasted pine nuts.