Thai Chicken Risotto
This is a great risotto for those who like Thai flavours. You could substitute or add prawns and the addition of peas would be nice.
• 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
• 1 tbsp of butter
• 1 large onion, diced
• 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
• 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
• 1 tbsp of Thai green paste
• 3 tbsp of fish sauce
• 225g of risotto rice
• 600ml of chicken stock
• ½tsp of fresh ground pepper
1. Put the oil and butter in the inner pot.
2. Heat over a medium heat until the butter melts.
3. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onion is soft. Don't let it colour.
4. Add the chicken and Thai paste.
5. Cook stirring for 1 minute until the chicken is sealed.
6. Add the rice and stir well.
7. Add the stock, fish sauce and pepper. Stir and bring to the boil.
8. Once boiling turn down to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Give the mixture a stir before putting on the lid and transferring the inner pot to the insulated outer container.
10. Shut the lid and leave to thermal cook without power for a minimum of 1 hour.
NOTE: This recipe is supplied by Chef Dave Knowles from the UK and is described for a 4.5 litre inner saucepan so you will need to adjust quantities if you are using something else.