Seafood Paella from Chef Knowles
This is a dish that is always enjoyed by those that like seafood. Making it in a thermal cooker is so easy.
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 170g chorizo, cut into thin slices
• 500g chicken, cut into 2-3 cm cubes
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, cut finely
• 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp of smoked paprika
• pinch of saffron
• 375g bomba paella rice
• 750ml of fish or vegetable stock
• 1tsp fresh ground black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup of frozen peas
• 400g frozen mixed seafood
1. Stir the saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in the inner saucepan and add the chorizo, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the onion and cook over a low-medium heat until soft.
4. Add the garlic and chicken. Cook until the chicken is sealed.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook fr 2-3 minutes.
6. Stir in the rice and coat with the mixture.
7. Add the saffron and the water it has been soaking in.
8. Pour in the stock, peas, paprika, salt and pepper, stir well and bring the mixture to the boil.
9. Turn down the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
10. Put the inner pot into the insulated outer container and shut the lid.
11. Thermal cook without power for a minimum of 2 hours.
12. 30 minutes before serving put the inner pot onto a medium heat and add the thawed seafood and peas.
13. Stir well before putting the inner pot back into the insulated outer container.
14. Thermal Cook for 30 minutes before serving.
NOTE: This recipe is supplied by Chef Dave Knowles from the UK and is described for a 4.5 litre inner saucepan so you will need to adjust quantities if you are using something else.