Traditionally Glogg always included Raisins and Almonds.
Ingredients: ......to suit the 4.5 litre inner saucepan
4 bottles of Red Wine
20 Cardamon Seeds
150 grams of fresh Orange Zest
150 grams of Cinnamon Sticks
30 whole Cloves
1 kilogram of Raisins
500 grams of Blanched Almonds
2 cups of Brandy
3 cups of white Sugar
1. Bring the wine, sugar and brandy to a slow boil in the inner saucepan
2. Place the orange, cinnamon, cardamon and cloves into a cheesecloth and tie the end.
3. Place the spice bag into the simmering wine.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the raisins and almonds
6. Simmer for 2 minutes and then place the inner saucepan into the outer container.
7. Leave for a minimum of 1 hour (the flavours will develop more over time)
8. Remove the spice bag and serve warm to hot (If you prepare this well in advance you can heat up the Glogg to serve hot as required)