A delightful rich meal that is usually time consuming to cook but with the Shuttle Chef it is so simple and rewarding.
1/2 a teaspoon of saffron threads
1 3/4 cups of hot fish stock or chicken stock
1/4 of a cup of olive oil
1 large brown onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 medium ripe tomatoes chopped
1 cup of arborio rice
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 a cup of frozen or dried peas
500 grams of marinara mix
8 small black mussels in their shells, scrubbed and debearded
Simmering time on the stove top: 1 minute after stir frying the vegetables.
Thermal cooking time: 3/4 of an hour minimum.
1. Stir the saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
2. Leave this to soak for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in the inner saucepan and saute the onions over a low-medium heat until soft.
4. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook over a medium heat until the tomatoes are thick and pulpy.
5. Add the rice and stir to coat with the mixture.
6. Stir in the hot stock, peas, paprika, salt and pepper and bring the mixture to a simmer.
7. Gently stir in the marainara mix.
8. Push the mussels into the mixture and close the lid.
9. Simmer for 1 minute.
10. Turn off the heat and transfer the saucepan into the vacuum insulated outer container.
11. Close the lid and leave for a minimum of 3/4 of an hour.
12. Discard any mussels that failed to open and serve.