There is no need to precook the pasta in this dish.
400 grams of chicken mince
2 cloves of garlic 1 egg
1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsely
1 tablespoon of flour
A pinch of salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of oil
2 onions coarsely chopped
1 stick of celery sliced
2 zucchini's sliced
1 x 500 ml jar of carbonara sauce
500 ml of chicken stock
1/2 a cup of fresh parsely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups of spiral pasta
Grated cheese to serve.
Simmering time on the stove top: 4 minutes
Thermal Cooking time: 1 hour minimum
1. Mix together the chicken mince, garlic, egg, finely chopped parsely, flour, salt and pepper.
2. Seperate into small portions.
3. Roll these portions into balls approximately 2 cm in diameter.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the inner saucepan over a low-medium heat.
5. Brown half the meat balls and place them to one side.
6. Brown the other half of the meat balls and place them with the rest.
7. Add the other tablespoon of oil to the saucepan and brown the onions over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the garlic and celery and continue to cook for a few minutes until the onions start to clear and soften.
9. Add the zucchini and stir fry for a further minute.
10. Add the meat balls back into the saucepan and stir in the Parsely.
11. Add the carbonara sauce and the stock.
12. Bring the mixture to the boil.
13. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
14. Add the pasta to the simmering sauce and continue to simmer a further minute with the lid on.
15. Turn off the heat and transfer the saucepan into the vacuum insulated outer container.
16. Close the lid and leave for a minimum of 1 hour.
17. Serve with grated cheese and a tossed green salad of your choice.