Prociutto and Pinenut Risotto
Not your average Risotto......no more stirring for 40 minutes while the wine is absorbed.
Using the Shuttle Chef a Risotto can be completed in minutes.
2 large onions chopped
4 cloves of garlic crushed
1 stick of celery sliced
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of arborio rice
1/4 of a cup of white wine
2 cups of hot chicken stock
1/4 of a teaspoon of dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Additions to be stirred in at the end:
1 tablespoon of butter cut into small pieces
1/2 a cup of grated parmesan cheese
4 slices of prosciutto cut into small squares
1/2 a cup of toasted pinenuts
1/2 a cup f finely chopped parsely
You could replace the additions with a variety of fillings of your choice
Simmering time on the stove top: 1 minute after stir frying the vegetables
Thermal Cooking time: 3/4 of an hour minimum
1. Saute the onions in oil over a low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the celery and garlic and continue to saute a further minute until the onion starts to soften.
3. Add the rice and continue to saute for a further minute.
4. Stir in the wine, stirring any bits caught on the bottom of the saucepan.
5. Stir in the hot stock and add the thyme, salt and pepper.
6. Bring the mixture back to the boil whilst stirring.
7. Turn down the heat to a simmer and close the lid.
8. Simmer for 1 minute.
9. Turn off the heat and transfer the saucepan into the vacuum insulated outer container.
10. Close the lid and leave for a minimum of 3/4 of an hour.
11. Open the lid of the saucepan and stir in the butter.
12. Stir in the parmesan, prosciutto, pinenuts and parsely, leaving a little of each to serve as a garnish. wh
13. Close the lid and leave it in the outer container for a further 5 minutes before serving.
14. Serve and garnish with the left over additives.
15. Serve with a fresh tossed green salad of your choice.