Lamb Shanks on Cous Cous
A new way to present an old favourite.
Lamb Shanks on Cous Cous is a slightly different approach to this traditional dish .
1 cup of Chick Peas soaked over night.
4 Lamb Shanks trimmed to fit the pot.
1/2 a cup of Flour.
4 large Onions cut into quarters.
3 cloves of Garlic crushed.
1/2 a table spoon of mixed dried Herbs.
A small bunch of Parsley finely chopped.
2 table spoons of Curry Paste (mild, medium or hot as required).
3 Potatoes cut into large chunks.
4 Carrots sliced thickly.
4 large chunks of Pumpkin.
3 cups of Beef Stock or 1 cup of white wine and 2 cups of stock.
2 table spoons of Tomato Paste.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
400 grams of Cous Cous.
Simmering time on the stove: 15 minutes.
Thermal cooking time: A minimum of 4 to 5 hours.
1. Toss the shanks in seasoned flour.
2. Place the shanks, onions, vegetables and herbs into the saucepan.
3. Mix the curry paste and tomato paste with the stock and add to the mixture.
4. Bring the mixture to a simmer point and add the pre-soaked chick peas.
5. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
6. Turn off the heat and place the saucepan into the vacuum insulated outer container and close the lid, leaving it for atleast 4 to 5 hours.
7. Cook the cous cous separately as per the packet direction when you are ready to eat.
8. Serve the cous cous as an accompaniment to the main meal